Lilypie

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Fortune-Telling : Really Accurate?

The friend I met for dinner earlier on brought along a lady who makes a living by fortune-telling. Normally I take this with a pinch of salt, but the moment she looked at me, she told me things about my family which only I know. I am really amazed at her accuracy! It is not likely that my friend told her anything as she does not really know a lot about my family affairs.

She said my mum is the one holding up the family since my dad is always away, and even if he is back, he is more laid back and not really bothered with the family affairs. She said my mum actually married the wrong guy, ie not that my dad does not love her, but he will not give her a good life. Whatever good life my mum has now was all due to her hard work and struggle in her younger days. Thus, my mum has to work and still take care of the family by herself. Very true! When I told my brother this, he also agreed how accurate it is.

She said my mum loves all three of us, but she will love the one born in the year of the Dragon the most (my youngest brother), and will tend to let him get away with things. That is so true! She said my mum expects a lot out of me, especially in finding a future partner, so every guy I bring home must be approved by her, otherwise things somehow would not work out. Again, that is so true!

She said that I do not have the luck to be attached or get married at a young age. She told me to wait a couple more years, around 29 or 30 would be the right age for me. Anytime later is alright, but not anytime earlier. If I get attached or hitched anytime earlier, either the relationship would not work out, or one of us would be very miserable. How does she know all these? No wonder all my relationships failed.

She told me that since I was born in the year of the Horse, my best match will be a Tiger, ie someone four years older than me. Or else a Dog. Other matches are alright, but I cannot match with anyone born in the year of the Rat, Rabbit or Rooster (three 'R's?), as our opinions will always clash. It is best for me to be with someone older, but even if I go with someone younger, it is still alright, although I have to be prepared to wait a while more and get married at a later age.

She said the guy I liked is not suitable for now. Although he is a good guy, he is still frivolous (again, very true!), so we can only be friends. I am already prepared for that anyway. She said there is a guy whom I met recently, although two years younger, but can match me more as he is more mature than the one I liked. She said it is a possibility I may end up with this younger guy, but I have to be willing to wait a little longer. Actually, I already can see the compatibility with this other guy even before she told me all these. Hmmmm......

She also said that I will have many suitors in my life. In fact, there are already guys after me, except probably they are not the types I like, thus I do not give them the time of the day. Another accurate one! She told me the best match would still be someone four years older than me. He has not come into my life yet, and may or may not come into my life, but once he comes into my life, he will be very dedicated to me. I may not like him at first, but he will be the one I will ultimately end up with because he will love me much more than I love him. She said that I have always loved the guys more, that was why the guys took me for granted. So I will find out that it is best to be with a guy who loves me more and willing to do everything for me. The good news is that I will not have anymore heartbreaks because right now the next guy that comes along will be a matching and compatible one. Whew!

As for my career, she says that I seem to be planning something along the music line and asked me to go ahead and do it, because I will be very successful in that area. How does she know my passion for music and that I am planning to venture out into that area full time? She said this may be underway before I get married, but will take root even more after I get married.

She also said that I seem to have more male friends than female friends because those who have backstabbed me before whether in school or work are all females. The male friends are the ones who will stick with me through thick and thin. I will have one big benefactor in life and he will be a male. When I face problems, I can just ask for help, but ask my male friends as they will be more willing to help me. How does she know all these? It is really so accurate! It is not possible that anyone knows about this, because I have never told anybody just how many friends I really have, let alone how many male or female friends I have.

It is not all positive things which she told me though. She said although I may have a good marriage and at least three to four children, but my health will deteriorate. I will go through at least one operation in life, for whatever reason next time. She asked me to cut down on all my unhealthy snacking (oh no!) and eat more nutritious food (those food which she says I refuse to eat) to build up my blood cells as I tend to have low blood pressure and anaemia. I have never told anyone these before, yet she seems to be able to recite my entire medical history! I will die before my spouse though. I always hope for my spouse to die before me as I do not wish for him to live a life of sadness and despair all by himself.

When I told my brother this, he also agreed that she is amazingly accurate, at least for the past and present part. Afterall, who is to know what the future really holds? He said how he wished I brought him out just now so he could consult her on his future, most importantly being if he can pass his upcoming promotional examinations.

It is really amazing the things she said. She said things which only I know, things which I have never told anyone. Maybe some people really do have a vision and can see into the past, present and future. These are some things which no one have any explanation for.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Celia, alert alert alert ya....as a christian, fortune telling and horror-scope etc.....is a no-no ya.

The areas are the areas the devil (satan) uses to manipulate the children of god.

Pls do check with your christian friends on this or go into the christian internet - sermons etc to find out more about this area of fortune telling, palm reading etc as god said in his words that men should not let others predict their future for them. So, just a little advice from a fellow christian to you okie.

Pray more that God will lead your life and let you serve him whichever way he wants to lead you......

Connie and Rob said...

Well I do believe there are people that have insight into the future or have a special connection to the afterlife.

However, I just think that God has a plan for all of us and we are walking a path. Good things and some not so good things are ahead. I think it is best to take each day as it comes. Most of all take time to enjoy when you can. Life really is way short.
Connie

Anonymous_X said...

He has not come into my life yet, and may or may not come into my life, but once he comes into my life, he will be very dedicated to me.

Celia, this is sooo standard. :) One of my female friends once told me that a fortune teller advised her something along that line.

But I am always impressed with how diligent & thorough fortune tellers gathering data about their potential customers.

The trick is of course, to first establish credibility with seemingly precise remarks of a customer's past & present. (And how tough is it to garner for information in this modern era? Unless that fortune teller quoted about that perfect murder which you committed in the past...)

Ole' Wolvie said...

Ooo oo!!
I might want to meet this fortune teller!

She is 'better' because she covers the telling in balance (both good and bad)

And since I am such a reclusive person, not many people could provide much info on me, and I can gauge the accuracy better :D

shakespeareheroine said...

David : I already said I take it with a pinch of salt, cos no one really knows what will happen in the future.

And as a Christian who indulges and lives a life of sin, isn't it ironical to ask people to pray more and live a more Christian life?

Connie : I know that. Thanks for the advice.

Ole Wolvie : She's only in town for a few days. You have to fly to Medan to see her.

Anonymous_X said...

sh / ole'wolvie: I stand corrected! The fortune teller must have known that ole'wolvie is going to seek her out for a session of crystal gazing.

And she must have realized as well that if the meeting were to materialize, it's going to be a very harsh one between a mystic and a sceptic.

aquavitae said...

Hi SH,
eerily accurate fortunr teller you have there. I heard they go by minute reading of your facial expressions. if you register the slightest frown/surprise/delight at what they say, they can detect it.
BTW, tagged ya.. :) http://aquavitae74.blogspot.com/2005/09/hey-its-been-ages-since-i-played-tag.html

shakespeareheroine said...

Aquavitae : Tagged me? Just when I thought Sonic wouldn't tag me! Alrite, I'll pass on the tag. :-)

Anonymous said...

HI Celia,
sori to thru my naughty conversations, I give you a perception that I induge in sinful acts......but really I do not....just that on the netchat trying to talk extreme to see how people react to various statements.

Anyway....I am still a true pledge christian lah.....who likes to break rules and give people an impression of extreme in certain interesting subject.

You shd know how I am thru our first meeting ya...sori if I do give a bad impression......;-)

sentosa said...

I wonder what will this person says about me =P

shakespeareheroine said...

Sentosa : Hmmm... maybe next time you fly home you can get to meet her?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...