Lilypie

Saturday, August 6, 2005

A Piano Player's Woes

I just realised how incompetent I am at playing the piano. Despite my friend asking me to help her out with her piano playing, I found out that I have really lost touch. I cannot play as well anymore and my scales cannot run as before. Worse thing is that it now takes me some time to sight-read when in the past I could just play after one glance at the notes. Serves me right for not playing the piano regularly ever since graduation.

Now that I have more time to lead my own life, I plan to take up my piano diploma, so perhaps next time I can really teach higher level music. In that case, I guess I also better re-take my Yamaha Electone Teachers' Grade examinations again, as the certificate is not valid after two years if it is not put to use. Actually I also feel like taking up Violin and Flute as well. I know I want to do so many things, but what is the use of living if you do not learn as much as you can?

Anyway these are what I have always liked to do. But I know I will have to do them stage by stage. There is simply no time (and no money) if I do everything all at once. In between singing and dancing (soon), plus part-time studying next year, I guess I can only concentrate on just one more. Maybe I will finish piano first before moving on to the other areas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...