Lilypie

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Effects of Ladies' Night

I must quit trying to behave younger and start acting like my age. Or perhaps I am just not fit enough. After two rounds of drinks and half an hour of gyrating away during the Ladies’ Night, I was totally zonked out. I felt like a 40-year-old trapped in a 20, erm, almost 30-year-old body. I had to leave Zouk when my friends were still having the time of their lives dancing away, otherwise I would collapse on the dance floor. And it was not as if I drank that much last night – just a small glass of Bourbon Coke and a small glass of Lychee Martini. I woke up with a hangover and was almost late for work this morning. But perhaps age has nothing to do with it? I saw some middle-aged people having the time of their lives too! Maybe I have to start keeping myself fitter already.

2 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

I base my 'leaving time' more on a financial basis rather than a physical basis.

(i.e. I can take the booze and the dance, but I can't take the taxi fare)

Then again booze is expensive.. so.. that's one more reason I don't visit nightspots often. (That and my salsa is not up to par...)

shakespeareheroine said...

I don't go clubbing that often either, and even then seldom on week nights. I just went because it was Ladies' Night so the drinks are 1-for-1 and Zouk was having a Mambo Night with all the retro music being played. Besides, my friend wanted to dance his stress away so I jsut accompanied him.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...