Lilypie

Friday, August 12, 2005

Deepfelt Appreciation To All My Readers And Supporters!

I just realise how blessed I really am. I have many readers who care and support me without even knowing who I am. Thank all of you very much for all your kind words! You really perk up my day! But if you have been following my blog, then I believe you will have a pretty good idea what sort of person I am. Blogging is the only way I can show my truest self, a part of me which even my very closest friends has never seen. So in a way, you know the "real" me. That is not to say I put on a mask all the time, but there are certain aspects (ie my whining and my mood swings and my frustrations) which even my parents do not see.

My first day of work went smoothly. I was handed over all the files and documents by my predecessor. Instead of working for the senior partner as I had originally thought, I ended up working for the main partner, ie the owner of the firm himself, a severe-looking old man in his seventies who is still going strong. Besides legal work, I have to deal with lots of community issues as well as he is also a grassroots leader. Most of the phone calls I received today were people from various clan associations who spoke heavily-accented Mandarin like machine guns. I had a bit of trouble understanding, as I have never held a real conversation in Mandarin for about ten years now. I cannot even speak the language proficiently now, although I can still read and write. Oh where is my brother when I need him?

I believe I may enjoy this place. The colleagues are rather jolly and helpful so far as I can see. And my immediate boss is very particular about saving electricity and recycling, so it is a good thing! This is one firm that will at least contribute to saving the environment in its own way.

6:00p.m. - knock off time! I have to rush down to Neptune Theatre for a National Day dinner and performance, a collaboration of the Singapore Lyric Opera with the Mountbatten Community Constituency. Ooooo, Neptune Theatre - the place for strip shows! Wonder if there will be beautiful male specimens doing the full monty?

2 comments:

[[_ce|le___]] said...

giyee!! celle here!! tag mie wahahahas..i screwed up..AHH!! but so fun huhz? =))

shakespeareheroine said...

Hey! You did very well girl! Keep it up! So did u enjoy the "adult" show? He he he! Luckily you look mature enough so you didn't get thrown out!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...