Lilypie

Friday, August 26, 2005

Medical Leave Post

I think a break is what I really need. I am suddenly full of inspirations again. What an adverse effect of a headache, to be able to unlease everything at the same time. Well well if it is only through sickness that can overcome my writer's block, then I hope never to have any more writer's block ever again so I will not get sick.

I was reading through my two young cousins's blogs (found on my links - "Hold Me In Your Arms" by the 13-year-old one, and the other, erm "Little Cousin's Blog" by her 14-year-old sister) and found that secondary school kids seem to be enjoying themselves so much now. I enjoyed my secondary school days not because of the school work but due to the activities I was taking. I used to think my secondary school syllabus was so boring, but my cousins gave me an insight of their secondary school life (both from the same school incidentally). The elder one expressed her desire to enter the Integrated Programme, a newly set-up programme where smart younglings can cross over to a premier junior college without taking 'O' levels, and just skip right to 'A' levels after four years. She need not worry, considering she has two more elder sisters from the top girls secondary school and premier junior colleges, and both graduated with top honours from university. Smart family. How I envy them.

How I wish the Integrated Programme was established during my era! Knowing my mum, she would have pushed me towards that path, and I would not have minded actually. The programme is more interesting than normal curriculum as it is a combination of 'O' and 'A' level subjects. Anything to get out of taking 'O' levels altogether! :-p Then I would be able to just skip straight to my 'A' levels without incurring two boring years taking mostly subjects I disliked. I would have done anything to get out of Physics, Chemistry and Additional Mathematics classes, and given anything to take History and more Literature!

Off to see the doc, hopefully he gives me a strong enough medication to fight off the virus so I can be in a good enough state to perform later on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...