Lilypie

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Requiem To A PC

My PC has finally died and gone to PC heaven. I came back on Friday night after the dinner-cum-performance to find my hard disk crashed. I got the repairman to come in yesterday to try to salvage my data. In the end, the problem was more serious than I thought. It turned out that the regulator in the CPU was burnt out due to old age and his own hard disk crashed as a result. I feel so bad about it!

So he had to bring my CPU back for an overhaul. I got a new 40GB hard disk, a new 52D CD-ROM drive, upgraded to Windows XP (Yay! Finally!), Office 2003 and Norton Anti-Virus 2005, plus personalised service, all for a mere S$260.00. He did not even charge for the extra trip and spoilt hard disk! That is service and professionalism for you. :-)

So this is the first entry which I am posting on my new (new on the inside, old on the outside) PC. Unfortunately, he was unable to save my data so all my documents, especially the saved conversations and few pictures I had with a particular person and my third ex-boyfriend, were gone. HEARTACHE!! :-( I kept them for sentimental reasons. Now the only things left of my history (what history anyway?) with that certain someone and the remnants of my recent relationship were the messages we sent each other and the few pictures in my phone. If my phone's memory is erased as well, I will really cry my heart out!

Farewell, dear PC! Thanks so much for your services these past few years. May you Rest In Peace!

2 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

Hey, look at this this way.

Your PC is telling you to go for a fresh start. :D

shakespeareheroine said...

Yeah, you may be right. :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...