Lilypie

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Is The Guy Really Serious?

More saga of my friend's love life. She called me and was in tears. She said that when she looked through his Friendster profile, his status is "Single". I told her perhaps he has not updated it yet? Then she said his last login was 20 August, when they are already together. When she looked through all his testimonials, all his friends have very positive comments, and even the girls said he is very sweet, gentlemanly, willing to lend a listening ear, etc. Hmmmmm, now I wonder if he is the type who can be ultra good to his friends but not good to his girlfriend? What am I talking about - have I been influenced and become as sensitive as her?

So I told her since it was still the beginning of the relationship, maybe give it some time to grow. The seeds of love has been planted, now they have to be sown and grown. She should just wait and see and leave the guy alone to sort out his thinking. But the question is, is the guy really serious about her in the first place? Only he himself knows. If he is, then he will go look for her once he has sorted out his thinking. If he is not, then forget it, initiate a breakup and go look for others.

Gosh, I surprise myself sometimes. How did I become so rational and tactful? Then why am I always so irrational when it comes to my own relationships? What a bundle of contradictions I am! But then, human feelings and emotions are the hardest to handle using just rationality and tact alone. I, of all people, definitely know how powerful a person's emotions can be, and no amount of tact can ever match up to the feelings.

2 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

Well, there's one quote for that.

Something about being able to see an ant across the river, but not being able to see an elephant right in front of your nose.

(My whole vision was grey I tell you! I see no elephant! :D)

shakespeareheroine said...

Same here, I won't be able to see the big elephant in front of me!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...