Lilypie

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Difficulty In Hitching Cabs

I was so late for work this morning that I had no choice but to try to get a cab, only to find out that it was so hard to get one without calling for one. In the past when there were only three taxi companies, it was impossible to get a cab at certain times, as the streets would be practically devoid of taxis. Yet now when there are six taxi companies, it is still equally hard to get a cab!

More cab companies mean increase in the number of taxis available, as evidenced by the abundant number of taxis on the street. The streets are full of cabs! Then why is it still so hard to hitch a ride? About fifteen cabs went by before I could finally get into one. I was reluctant to call for a cab as the booking fee has increased astronomically. Besides, there is no guarantee I can get one even if I called. Why is everything increasing except people’s salaries? It is really going to be more and more expensive to survive here!

1 comments:

shakespeareheroine said...

Very true what you said. My friend in England just told me about the welfare system of England and France, and it is really astounding! That gives me an idea for another blog entry. :-D

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...