Lilypie

Monday, August 8, 2005

Account Of A Very Nice And Sweet Guy

I finally met up with my best friend today after four months. She is such a high-flyer that it is so hard to get her out. She just gave up her Marketing and Events Executive job to be a freelance property agent. We actually met up today to go to her ex-boyfriend's wedding. He is such a great guy that we are really happy he is married. He deserves to be blessed and happy for life. I have never seen him look so handsome before!

After the lunch reception, we met another old schoolmate at Junction 8 to watch "Stealth" and afterwards dinner at Cafe Cartel. After that, my best friend and I went down to Hark Music Cafe for drinks while being immersed in live music. She started reminiscing that this ex-boyfriend was the only one that was really into her, ie really loved her the most, and she did regret giving him up. She said if she ever find someone like that again, she will definitely marry him immediately.

When we were still in school, he already had a motorbike of his own. There was once she was hungry at home as there was no one around and she was too lazy to cook. The moment he heard about it, he immediately bought food and went from his place in Serangoon (in the northeast) all the way to her place in Tampines (in the East). During our final examinations, in order to alleviate her stress from studying, he bought her a stuffed Tweety and appeared in front of her door to surprise her. When she got tired from studying, he brought her out for a walk at Bedok Reservoir Park. She was so tired that she asked to sit down and just fell asleep on his shoulder. He moved her head to his thigh and stayed there for three hours until she woke up. So sweet right?

There was a time when he was having a vacation job at the now defunct Riverside Point cinema. As he was working the late shift, she met him for dinner, then he invited her for a free screening of a movie with free popcorn. By the time his shift was over, she was so sleepy that he actually left his bike behind and took a cab back with her. He said he was afraid she would fall asleep halfway and fall off his bike. And he took a bus to work the next day. When she was drunk once after clubbing, he immediately went to pick her up. She was feeling so terrible that she puked into his helmet. All he did was to bring her to the nearest petrol kiosk, bought her some mineral water, and massaged her until she was alright. He did not even say a word about the mess in his helmet.

When they went to the zoo once, he took along his new helmet and left the old one on his bike. It started raining and his helmet was soaked. He gave her the new helmet and put on the old, soaking wet one. She said she could see water dripping out from his helmet all the time. When he was working part-time at Pizza Hut, she missed him so much that she called Pizza Hut to order a pizza. Coincidentally, he happened to be the last one around when the order came in. The moment he knew who called, he immediately collected the pizza, and added in all her favourite extra ingredients and delivered the pizza to her door. When she was away on a trip, he called her everyday on her voicemail just to listen to her voice, and actually kept a log on which day and time he called her. When he entered army, he would book out from his camp in Nee Soon (far north), went all the way to Tampines to join her for dinner or take her to dinner at wherever she wanted, brought her home and went all the way back to Nee Soon.

I felt so sad for him when they broke up. Even before I knew of all these things he did for her, I could tell he was really sweet and good to her. She told me that a few weeks after they broke up, she was so alone and sick that she actually called him and told her she was sick. He went all the way to see her and made sure she was alright. Where in the world can one ever find another guy so nice and sweet? This is one guy who really loves the girl more than she loves him.

Her accounts started me thinking about my relationships. Not once had any of my guys ever treated me so well to that extent. In fact, as far as I could remember, I seemed to be the one doing more for them all the time. My best friend said that if there is something she has learnt, that is if the guy is really into you, even if he broke his leg / arm / got run over by a car / injured in a freak accident, he will still make sure he goes all out to see you and make you happy. If the guy is not even willing to take time off to fit you into his schedule, then he is just not fully into you. In which case, it is best to just give up.

Come to think of it, that statement is true. I remember I always have to cater to my boyfriend's schedules. I could not be busy if he was free to meet me. But yet I could not expect him to be free to meet me when I was free. As a result, a lot of times, I gave up a lot of my own activities just to make sure I would be free to meet up with my guys. Honestly, why should I have done so much? Like what my best friend mentioned, if he truly loves me, he will squeeze some time to meet me no matter how busy he is. If he cannot even take time even once a week to meet the girl he claims he loves and still expects her to be understanding and be there for him, then maybe he is just not worth it.

I really wish I can find someone like my friend - a guy so sweet and nice and loving. Someone who truly loves me more than I love him. The problem is everytime I love a guy, it always ends up with me loving him more and doing more for him. If I can find someone like my friend, I will do what my best friend plans to do - marry him immediately, because that will be the type of guy which any girl simply cannot afford to lose.

10 comments:

gus said...

hello me again .. i think for all fairness you didn't seem to mention sweet things that your gf did for her ex-bf.

Relationship could only develop reciprocally. Expectation no matter how selfless one be, would always be there.

shakespeareheroine said...

Well, she did a lot for him too, as I was mostly with her during those times when she dedicated her time doing things for him. But since my post was on her account of what he had done for her, I decided to concentrate on that. It would be too long if I included her part in as well. Besides, as a female, I can tend to be bias and relate how nice the guy is, hopefully to be able to find a guy just as nice and good.

Anonymous_X said...

I felt so sad for him when they broke up.

If it's not too personal, they broke up because...?

shakespeareheroine said...

They broke up because at that time he was still in the army and she was graduating soon. She wanted someone more etablished as she did not want to wait for so long. I kept advising her against it but she still went ahead. In the end there became a twist of faith. Needless to say she did live to regret, kept saying if she did not give up, perhaps she would have been the bride yesterday. Oh well, sometimes people do make mistakes, but at least she has learnt a lot through her experiences. She knows now not to give up a great guy so easily.

Ole' Wolvie said...

Hmm...

When I was in Japan, some of the ladies I got to know said that I am very kind for a guy... (I was only being myself, not even extra nice so... that got me puzzled)

But this guy... I take my hats off for him.

Welp... this has provided me with an idea for another blog entry :D

shakespeareheroine said...

Maybe because in comparison, Japanese (and Korean) guys are more chauvinistic. They have no qualms being rude to ladies and expect ladies to do their bidding. So when there came along a nice and helpful Singaporean guy, of course it would make a big difference to them. :-)

Ole' Wolvie said...

By the way,

I am also Indonesian :P
(But I have been in Singapore since Secondary 1)

shakespeareheroine said...

Ah ok. But comparatively, most other Asian guys are still better off than Japanese guys, at least in the eyes of Japanese girls, as the girls will feel they are not as chauvinistic and as full of themselves as Japanese guys.

asen said...

well.. Japanese guys are chauvinistics in comparison. I totally agree with you. I mean in Japan, the girls do the effort to woo the guys... totally opposite with the Asian culture, but that's what Japanese has come into.... That's why.. ole'wolvie can be a nice guy there =)...

I too want to ask why they broke up but I got my answer from your reply already ;)... Well, not to be biased, but I think girls tend to take things for granted when their bf is so sweet to them, and only start to think how nice her bf is when they have broken up.... But my opinion is open to debate... =)

shakespeareheroine said...

I agree that some girls do take their bfs for granted. However, based on personal experience, I think guys also take their gfs for granted. Seems like the nicer the girl treats the guy, the worse he treats her. Yet he can later stick with someone whom he has to cater for and put up with her attitude and mood swings. Maybe guys are just suckers for punishment?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...