Lilypie

Monday, August 22, 2005

Coincidence, Or Is Singapore Just Too Small?

Coincidences. Things that can happen anywhere, anytime, any place, to the same people. Someone in Singapore can be getting married today at St. Andrew's Church, and at the same time, someone in England can also be getting married, also at St. Andrew's Church. Coincidences are abundant everywhere, considering the world is so big (or small) that the same things are bound to happen at the same time.

A coincidence is when my friend met three people he knew while on a night out. A coincidence is also when another friend met two people he know while out for a tea session. A coincidence also occurs when my sponsor for my bible class, whom I met only during the Madame Butterfly performance, was actually staying in the lane next to me during secondary school, was my junior in junior college, actually attended the same university as me, and was the overall President of the Catholic Students' Apostolate the year I was Treasurer (but only my President and Vice-President got to meet up with him), and we did not know any of these until recently! I know my best friend after secondary school, but she was actually the secondary school classmate of this guy whom I met in a primary school camp, and whom I have known for almost all my life. Concidence? Or is Singapore really too small?

A coincidence also occurs when I found out that my Artistic Director was the conductor for the NTU choir throughout the time I was in NIE/NTU. I should have joined the NTU choir instead of the NIE Choir. But the NTU Choir is more for leisure, whereas the NIE Choir is a compulsory module as part of the music course for my NIE studies, so not much choice there anyway. I also just found out today that another friend of mine is now staying at the same block and level as my third ex-boyfriend. Coincidence again?

Today on a whole day out, all of us actually met people we know. Another coincidence? My Artistic Director, my sponsor and another friend of ours met their friends, whereas I was the only one that met people whom I do not wish to see. We were at the restaurant at IKEA, when I happened to turn around and noticed the parents of my first boyfriend sitting at the table behind us.

Coincidence again? I think they saw me too, as they also started looking at me for quite some time. I am not sure if they still recognise me though, as it has been almost ten years since I last saw them. Then I saw the sisters. He was not around, which was just as well as I have no idea how I will react if I ever see him again. I think the mum did recognise me, as later I heard her asking the eldest girl something, and the girl actually turned around and looked at my profile for quite some time before turning back to talk to the mum. But since they did not come and talk to me, I just let it be as it would be very awkward for all of us. In fact, I was contemplating whether to go over and talk to them, and was relieved when they left without talking to me, as I really would have no idea what to say to them.

Is this island really too small? In this case, why can't I ever meet people I really want to meet? Somehow I always meet people I do not wish to meet. If there are really so many concidences in the world, then I wish for some good coincidences to come to me and the people I know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Site !!!! anabolic diet

Anonymous said...

The Search Engine Herald: the news of search Blog Archive More languages on Google than some of the people who use the language have access to the internet
Google has announced Google in a number of new languages: Cambodian, Corsican, Kazakh, Lingala, Pashto, Quechua, Shona, Tajik, Tatar, Tonga, and Yoruba, bringing the total number of languages to 116.
Hiya! Thanks for the comment on my blog...Wish I'd come across yours before I bought my domain...LOL! :-)
So you have a visitor coming your way. I read these things. :)
phentermine

I'm waching blogs all day long and I found yours which is really nice :)

I like your news clips. Visit anytime, And Im always looking for new reads.


Thanks, you really have some interesting stuff on your site. keep at it.


I must tell you you r doing a wonderful job. pls keep it up!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...