Lilypie

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Friends For Life

I downloaded the “Blogger For Word” function, so this is my first attempt at posting directly from Microsoft Word. No doubt I have written down my entries in Word before, but after that I had to cut and paste into the template before it could be posted. Let’s just hope this experiment will be smooth.

I was having a very intense conversation with a guy yesterday. We were both trying to convince each other that our points of views were right. He says he does not believe in marriage. He rather has many good friends which can last for life. He says what is the use of marrying when one only ends up in divorce? But the question is that do friends really last for life?

Of all the friends I have, so far I am only confident of four that may well last for life. One is my best friend, the other one is the brother of my senior (although it may be a different story if and when he gets a girlfriend), the third may be Sonic (but things may change if and when he gets a girlfriend too!), and the fourth is the best friend of my third guy. Even my godbrother has not contacted me in over two months! I have lost touch with my first guy, mostly lost touch with my second guy (the only news I receive from him is due to the efforts of my best friend updating me), and my third ex and I also do not talk so often nowadays. Even my best friend’s ex-boyfriend, now that he is married, will most likely focus on his wife.

It is really so hard maintaining a friendship, let alone to keep it blooming for long. I have no idea how I managed to remain such close friends with those I mentioned above, but I guess it takes effort to maintain the friendship. Thus I am really grateful to all the above-mentioned friends who have really been through all my ups and downs and have been a great big part of my life.

True, like what my friend said, friends are important to us. Despite all these, I still want to find a companion to settle down with. Nothing gives me greater joy than raising my own family and having someone to grow old with. Friends can be with you up to a certain stage, but they will never be as close as you can be with your own family. Having said that, my friends are very important to me too. I will not hesitate to drop everything and help any of my friend in need.

4 comments:

blithering moron said...

Blogger For Word sounds like a good idea. Maybe I will try it.

I think it's impossible to know which friends will last forever. Sometimes you don't know how they will change.

shakespeareheroine said...

"Blogger For Word" is still at its experimental stage (I guess) so it is not that user-friendly as yet. For the time being, it is still best to stick to the normal Blogger template.

Ole' Wolvie said...

I am one of those people who does not have a 'best friend' concept. All my friends are pretty much equal, with some 'better' ones.

For me, a truly good friend would be one that I can not meet for years, and yet can converse/do things easily together anytime we meet. I am glad I am blessed with a few of these in Singapore. (And maybe even some in Japan)

shakespeareheroine said...

You must be one of those who can make friends easily. For me, I only have a handful of "true" friends who have been with my through upheavels in my life. ALthough I tend to treat all my friends equally, there will still be some on more familiar terms and some only on ordinary superficial terms.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...