Lilypie

Wednesday, August 3, 2005

Auction Auction!

I think I blotched up my interview today. At least the interviewer did not seem to look impressed the moment she saw me. And it was the interview at IndoChine. Oh well, if it is meant to be, I will still end up working there. If not, then I believe a better offer will come, hopefully very soon.

I have finally decided to sell away my ex-engagement ring. The ring that has been in my possession for the last four years, and I have worn it on my right ring finger for more than a year. Ever since November 2002, it had been removed from my finger, nicely wrapped up in a thin piece of tissue paper, kept in a small velvet bag and placed in my jewellery box. It is a platinum ring with a heart-shape at the top, and a 0.3 carat diamond entwined in the heart shape itself. It was originally bought for S$168, size 13 but reduced to size 8 so that it could fit my abnormally small and bony fingers. It is still in good condition, as I just brought it out to polish it.

The reason I am finally selling away the ring is because I have no use for it. I kept it for sentimental reasons, but I do not intend to wear it ever again, so keeping it with me will only waste a space in my box. I admit I was holding on to more than the ring, but now I have decided to just sell it away and generate cash for myself. Afterall, it is a worthy piece of jewellery, still in good condition, even though it is second-hand.

So any takers? Bids start now. Highest bidder gets the goods. Any of you ladies want a new piece of jewellery? Or any of you guys want to get it for your girlfriends, sisters, mothers, etc? Although in my honest opinion, if any guy wants to get a ring for his girlfriend, it should be a new one, and not some second-hand piece. How would the girl feel if you get her a second-hand ring, no matter how nice the design is, or how new it looks? I do not have the picture of the ring right now, but if any of you like to see how it looks like, I can upload the picture next time.

2 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

Interviews... augh... I still wonder how I got through mine.

Wishing you all the best.

shakespeareheroine said...

Thanks, but I think I messed up this time. Didn't get the job. :-(

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...