Lilypie

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Love Occurs .... When You Least Expect It

Someone I am acquainted with recently got married a few months back. I did not attend the wedding but witnesses who did said it was a very small wedding, only about five tables or so. It was the bride's first wedding. Trouble was, the bride and groom are both already in their fifties. It was only then that cupid struck. Although my friend and I were debating whether they should even bother to get married; just cohabit will do. I guess marriage just makes everything more official.

Another acquaintance of mine recently got attached, after weeks of moaning about being single. When he told me he would be having a night out with his "dar dar", my first reaction was, "Huh? So fast?" Wonder who he hooked up with. He promised to tell me about her the next time round. Well, we shall see.

Another friend of mine who broke up with his ex-girlfriend last year, found himself falling for another girl quite soon after, and now they are already married with a kid on the way. Seems like once thunder and lightning strikes, everything happens fast.

The thing I have come to realise is that one cannot go round looking for love. It is like the more you try to search, the more it eludes you. Maybe that was why I did not manage to get the guy I liked. If things happen, they will happen, just like my previous relationships. They happened before I even knew what was going on. Sometimes the right person may be just next to you and you may not even realise it.

One of my new colleagues remarked that maybe they should introduce me to my boss's son, who is 35 years of age and unmarried. They said my life will be set if I marry him, rich young master who lives off his dad, do not need to work, etc. But I brushed all their remarks off. I said firstly, I think 35 is too old for me. Secondly, what do I need so much money for? That does not make me lead a more meaningful and fulfilling life. Thirdly, if the guy lives off his dad's money and does not work, how stable, mature and independent is he? And besides, he is my boss's son! I do not wish to incur any complications in this type of relationships.

After all the emotional turmoil of recent weeks, I am pretty happy to be free for now. I have the freedom to do anything I like anytime I like. I do not need to cater to other's schedules, nor do I need to rush off after any appointment to meet up with the special someone. That said, I have not sworn off love altogether. I am still positive that things will happen, but I will let things happen when the time is ripe. I will not go around looking for it. After all, love do occurs at moments when you least expect it. And when that happens, I believe I will let it bloom again.

3 comments:

Anonymous_X said...

Do take what your colleague said with lotsa pinches of salt. Your boss' son may not appear as 'bad' as your colleague unwittingly tried to portray.

Lives off his dad <- just because he may still stay with his parents? Such a filial piety, isn't it?

Do not need to work <- (Unless you know for sure) this doesn't necessarily mean that he doesn't have a job either.

My advice is to first to get to know him. At least as a friend. Don't think too far ahead about marriage (yet). Afraid of any complications in the future? Well, you could always look for another job. :)

Ole' Wolvie said...

Normally a guy who is very rich, and yet unmarried at an advanced age (and unfortunately it seems that I'd be one of them, and without the part of being rich even) is either:

1. A playboy
2. A workaholic
3. A not very nice guy (character)
4. A cosmetially challenged guy
5. A weird guy (socially challenged)
6. A gay

Unfortunately, type 1 is prevalent.
(Disclaimer: not all the time)

shakespeareheroine said...

Anon_X, Ole Wolvie : He's a confirmed playboy and a prodigal son. I guess there are these cases in a lot of rich families. That is why I still prefer a more simpler life.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...