Lilypie

Tuesday, August 2, 2005

Makan Sutra!

It was my grandmother's birthday on Sunday and my youngest brother's birthday yesterday, so I had two whole days of feasting! We went to the Indonesian restaurant, Tempuah Mas, for dinner on Sunday. The food there is really delicious! I will really recommend it for anyone who wants authentic Indonesian fare. I had sambal kang kong, sweet and sour fish (at least that was what the fish tasted like - any of you know the exact name?), chicken satay, authentic Indonesian rice (which was described as "fragrant" rice), a bean curd dish which unfortunately I did not catch the name of (the bean curd was fried and layered into some sort of round wall), and for dessert - authentic Gula Melaka! I always said I have a sweet tooth. :-D

Last night (actually a few hours back), we went to one of the seafood restaurants at East Coast Park. We had black pepper crab (although I prefer chilli crab anytime), cereal prawn, oyster vegetables, anchovies (aka ikan bilis) fried rice, sweet and sour fish (again), and for dessert - honeydew sago. My dad, for the first time, even allowed me to drink a whole big glass of Tiger Beer! Hmmm, anyone salivating yet? I think I am feeling hungry again....

I am really going to pound on all the pounds if this continues. Tomorrow will be another practice session of the Lyric Opera, and most likely we will go out for supper again. I have a tendency to put on weight, although it is amazing I can still maintain my weight and figure despite my eating habits. I cannot help it - I enjoy good food too much!

On a sidenote, I got called up for another three interviews. One by HSBC, one by a law firm, and the other (I hope I get it) by IndoChine, the restaurant and bar. It is my favourite bar, I prefer it to Zouk or China Black. I feel that IndoChine caters to a more high-class crowd, ie working executives, so I guess in a way I seem to fit in more. Besides, it sponsored the venue and one hour of free drinks for the post-performance party for my opera group after our "Madame Butterfly" performance in May. If I get the job, I wonder if I can enter and drink there for free?

2 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

I think the restaurant is called "Tambuah Mas".

It is good information for me though. My Japanese teacher was asking me for a good Indonesian restaurant to recommend.

shakespeareheroine said...

Oh yes, that's the exact spelling. I couldn't really remember the exact name of the restaurant. I like the food there, but perhaps my Indonesian friends / readers can recommend somewhere better?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...