Lilypie

Monday, August 1, 2005

Things I Desire From "Breakfast At Tiffany's"

Audrey Hepburn was really beautiful! In the sixties when the concept of beauty was synonymous with blonde, hour-glass bombshells like Marilyn Monroe and Grace Kelly (the late Princess Grace of Monaco), Ms Hepburn really stood out on her own with her brunette hair and sinewy figure. Hers is a classic look that has stood the test of time.

I had some time to kill today before joining my family and relatives at Tampah Mas (a very good Indonesian restaurant - I got to eat all the Gula Melaka and Sambal Kangkong!) for dinner to celebrate my grandmother's birthday, so I decided to watch "Breakfast at Tiffany's", the DVD which one of my friends got for me a few weeks ago. New York City, Tiffany's and the sixties fashions are really amazing! Makes me really desire some classic things from the show.

I want :

1. A pair of retro sunglasses a la Holly Golightly
2. The clothes Holly Golightly wore
3. A sleeveless sequinned pink mini-skirt dress
4. Red lipstick of just the right shade, not too dark or light
5. A sparkling pink tiara
6. Diamond choker, ring, necklace and earrings from Tiffany & Co.
7. A white trench coat
8. A long winter coat (preferably white but any colour will do)
9. A winter fur hat (fake of course - I hate the idea of killing animals for fur)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...