Lilypie

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Dancing Queen? - Not!

I have branched out into another area of performing arts. I will be taking up ballet lessons from the Singapore Dance Theatre after the Nutcracker performance in December. 12 years of my life I took up ballet, and now 12 years I have stopped. I have to start over from the beginning if I am to take up again, but I like to complete what I have originally started. A pity I cannot perform for the Nutcracker production this time, but it is good enough that I can be taught by those professional dancers themselves. Perhaps some day I can dance on stage again.

I had my share of dance performances when I was young. My ballet group used to perform at the music school everytime we passed a grade, and I took part in the Singapore Youth Festival's Dance Competitions in secondary school. I have never been much of a dancer anyway, so I was always given a very small role. Anyway I did not really take dancing that seriously as compared to playing musical instruments or singing. At that point in time, dancing was just another recreational activity to keep fit and keep my time occupied, otherwise my parents would make me study all the time.

I stopped my lessons around upper secondary due to more school work and activities. Something had to go, so I gave up ballet. It was quite an easy decision, compared to the next choice - choir and singing. Now that I am getting involved in performing arts again, I want to take up lessons again. Afterall, to be a real good performing artist (albeit just a hobby), it is best to know all areas, rather than just one aspect of it. Thus besides ballet, I will also be taking up Latin and Ballroom dancing, just to be more exposed to different types of dance. But that will come later on, perhaps next year.

3 comments:

your cousins said...

We read your blog and we think it's really good! Got to know more about you. You have really interesting posts! See you soon! =)

-eewan
-eehui
-eeyang

shakespeareheroine said...

Thanks so much girls! You really make my day! Hope to see more of your support!

Richard said...

Wow! While I was searching for info on cellulite in minutes I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for cellulite in minutes. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about cellulite in minutes.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...