Lilypie

Saturday, July 2, 2005

Lessons in Love ...

My friend just knocked some sense into me. He said that true love is unconditional and should not be based on reciprocation. If I really love a person, it does not matter if he knows how much I have done for him. What matters is he is happy with the result. He actually asked me if I am calculating everything I am doing for a particular someone. Upon reflection, I guess he is right - I do not need to calculate the things I do for anyone.

Which means I am still in dire need of love lessons. I always thought if I really like someone, I will do everything I can for the person. Maybe that was why none of my relationships work out. I could do so much but probably all in vain as I never did analyse the situation properly. Now I have been told that I have not been doing enough as what I have been doing is what any normal friend will do. Thus I have not done enough to make him think of me more. Food for thought here.

I must admit I am a little lost out here. What constitutes doing enough or more so that the person will think of you more? What constitutes communication and heart-to-heart talking on deeper, higher level issues? And what constitutes sensing a person's emotion? What are things we can talk about besides normal superficial conversations? I never view things this way before. I am really in dire need of sound advice. I will really appreciate a little help here.

I must really thank my friend for waking me up regarding this issue. If anything, he helped me see what I have been doing wrong and nip things in the bud before it is too late to salvage.

2 comments:

Anonymous_X said...

if you truly understand about the non-reciprocal nature of true love, you won't have to ask that first question of the third paragraph.

shakespeareheroine said...

That is why I am asking as I guess I still do not understand fully. But I believe it is rather hard for others to explain to me as I just need to follow what my heart tells me to do and feel from within me what is the right thing. I do not know if I am even making sense at all. Forgive me if I am not, still groggy so cannot really think properly.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...