Lilypie

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Aloha!

The party last night was great! I decided to slave over the stove yesterday and cooked fried bee hoon for everyone. I wanted to cook pineapple rice actually, but since I could not find the necessary ingredients, I decided to change the menu. Mind you, this was my first attempt at cooking for such a big group of people.

I was so nervous that I even cut my thumb accidentally while cutting the chicken meat. I am no gourmet chef, so I just mixed all the ingredients into the bee hoon and fried all together. Apparently my friends remarked it was nice! Whew! Actually I tried cooking today as I wanted to find out if I could cook for a particular someone in the near future, and although that is not possible now, I am still glad my first attempt was somewhat of a success.

There were lots and lots of dancing. In fact, I only ate one helping of everything. We started gyrating to the music after that. Hawaii Five-O, Dancing Queen, and songs from the eighties and nineties exploded in the air. I never had that much fun in ages! I let the music seep to my bones, and just moved along with it. I really danced like never before! Seems like I really need to take up social dancing classes soon to improve all the steps. Whatever I was doing last night was all my own improvisation as well as following what others were doing.

My friends from the Lyric Opera are the most fun-loving group I have ever known. All of them are successful in their own right, but they party harder than anyone else. Even for our host who is a mother of two, she really let her hair down and boogeyed the night away. Besides her elder girl wanted to marry my friend Sonic, and landed such a long kiss on his cheek at the end of the day (or is it night?)!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...