Lilypie

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

How "American" Am I?

I seem to have achieved a breakthrough. At last count, my readership comes from Europe, North America, Asia, and even Antarctica (you know who you are, thanks!). So I have installed a web counter at the bottom of my page so as to take a headcount of exactly how many people come into my blog.

I just finished a quiz on how American I am. Apparently I am only 44% American. (No offense please to my American readers.) Actually I always like the American or British way of life, there is more freedom and people are more independent. Living in an Asian society such as this does not give one many chances to be truly independent. Even such a simple thing as moving out to stay on my own is not allowed, as my parents will start blaming me for not wanting to take care of them, etc, in short, blaming me for emotional negligence and being accused of being unfilial. Come on, I am just moving out to stay on my own, it is not as if I totally chuck them aside and forget about them! I have to move out once I get married anyway.

I will love to stay in UK or US or even the countries Down Under. I wonder if I may have the chance to migrate there someday?

2 comments:

Tel said...

Life in London is fine, you just have to get on with it best you can yeah?

Hmmm about the guy, maybe you should go for it? Would it be bad if you were just friends?

shakespeareheroine said...

Thanks for your comment. Glad to hear you are fine. :-)

I was so interested in going after the guy the past few weeks, but now a lot of things have happened and it just became too depressing to continue. I still have feelings for him, but right now the only conclusion I can arrive at is to be just friends, that will be better and happier for both of us. I am not ruling out things that may happen in the future, but whatever will be will be. If we can be together that will be great, but if not, then perhaps we are just not meant to be. What do you think?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...