Lilypie

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Single, Desperate And Ugly??

I have come to the conclusion that there are many desperate men out there. Just when I thought my life would be a lot less complicated after rejecting five guys in two months, there are more pesky guys out there. Should I be less friendly then? But it is in my nature to be nice to others. It is simply not me if I am to be nasty.

I just received a call from this acquaintance of mine whom I met recently. He wrote some good poems, and all I did was to praise his poems. I probably only spoke this one sentence to him. A few hours later, he called me up for a date. HUH?! He said I seem to be the person for him. Hello?! How much can you know about a person who only spoke to you once?! He said he would give me half an hour, he would come and pick me up after that. Who does he think he is? I do not appreciate people ordering me around like this, especially not from someone I only just met. No doubt I can be very submissive if I want to, but only to the person I love.

Some of you may argue that I am desperate too, judging from my futile attempts at trying to get someone's attention. But my case is different. I already know him for quite some time already, so I know the type of person he is. That is why I felt he fits all my requirements. It was not love at first sight though as I fell for him only after a while, but oh well.... I am not in the habit of going out with guys on dates just after one conversation. Usually I need to know the person rather well first before I decide whether he is worth it. Although I openly admit I am looking for someone I can settle down with, but I am not that desperate to just find anyone off the streets.

Of my three relationships, I only fell in love at first sight with my second guy. No doubt his looks are above-average, but it was his body language and his actions that attracted me. I could tell he is witty and intelligent just by his actions alone. Even then, I did not let on anything. We were close friends for about a year before we finally started, although he had been pursuing me during that period of time. Thus, this relationship lasted the longest, almost six years, and I must admit he was the guy that I loved the most. (Although if a certain someone and I had started, I would probably love him even more than anyone else ever.) That was why I was most heart-broken when we ended, especially from the way it ended.

But I guess if a relationship does not work out, sometimes it is all for the best. Perhaps we are just not fated, or perhaps we are just not right for each other. Every failed relationship is a learning curve, so I can take note on what to improve on and what not to do so as to know how to better handle things next time round.

5 comments:

blithering moron said...

i think the desperate guys will ask you out no matter how nice or mean you are.

Anonymous_X said...

It may be that those guys are analphabetics. Surely if they read your blog, it's discernible that you're being enchanted by the Mystery Guy.

They won't stand a chance, will they?

shakespeareheroine said...

blithering moron : Well, perhaps you may be right there. I just have to be more firm then.

Anon X : If they have read my blog, they would know I WAS enchanted with the Mystery Guy, but now I'm keeping my options open. So yes, other guys do stand a chance, but they have to be the type I'm looking for in the first place.

Anonymous_X said...

(Although if a certain someone and I had started, I would probably love him even more than anyone else ever.)

Alright then, I guess I must be mistaken with what the above statement implies. Even if you repeatedly insist that you're keeping your option open, I personally still reserve my doubt.

Well, I could be wrong. Anyway, I wish good luck--lots of them--for those guys pursuing you.

shakespeareheroine said...

Yes, the statement was an indication of how I feel. But the fact is he and I didn't start anything, and probably not likely to. That's why I'm keeping my options open, instead of holding on to one where our status is so ambiguous. If he and I do end up together, that will be great; if not I do not need to hold on and just move on.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...