Lilypie

Sunday, July 24, 2005

It's A Small World

I find it very interesting that friends I go out with always happen to meet people they know. This has been going on ever since I started a relationship all those years ago. Whenever we go out, we always happened to bump into his classmates or ex-classmates. It was as if my friends have become non-existent. Even for my second relationship, he always met people he knew. There was only one occasion when I bumped into my best friend and her then-boyfriend as we were taking the same train. Even for my third relationship, he always happened to meet people he knew, whether from school or army. Maybe guys have more friends since they go through army?

Now that I am no longer in any relationships and just going out with different friends, the same thing happens. My dinner companion on Monday met three friends during the time he was with me. My tea companion on Thursday met two friends while he was with me. Strangely, I never get to meet people I know, be it alone or with someone. I do not bump into my primary school friends, or secondary school friends, or tertiary friends. Yet, the only people I actually happened to bump into were my ex-boyfriends and their girlfriends, or their ex-girlfriends! Maybe the Big Boss up there is trying to test my reaction, making me meet people I do not wish to see.

People always said the world is small, and Singapore is too small. Then why is it I never get to see familiar faces? Perhaps it is not that small afterall. Now if I go to Korea, will I get to meet my idol Pei Yongjun instead? Or if I make a trip to Hollywood, will I get to see Orlando Bloom or Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...