Lilypie

Saturday, July 9, 2005

Thumbs Up For Security Guards In Schools!

I came across an article in The New Paper a few days back regarding the new security guard system in primary schools. Personally, I am all for the security guard system, so parents can stop using the school as a campground for gossip, rallies, arguments and fights, and stop coming and going whenever they like. You will be surpised, parents do argue and fight with each other, not just with teachers.

Apparently parents are not happy with the new security guard system. One parent almost came to blows with the security guard when he was stopped by the guard to enter the school to pick up his child. Parents also protested that they had to wait outside the side gates and were stopped from going into the main gates when school buses were going out. I find it so ridiculous! Of course people would be restricted from going in when big vehicles needed to come out. It is so hazardous to life.

I am already out of the service when the security guard system is implemented, so I do not have much ideas on how it really works. But if security guards are there to stop unauthorised entry by unauthorised personnel during curriculum hours, then I am all for it. I used to have parents coming in to bother me when I was in the middle of a lesson. It was such a dilemma as I could not turn them away as they came down specially, but yet I could not leave my class as well as it would be so disruptive to the lesson.

I am so happy I got out of the government service. Civil servants are so-called because they are essentially slaves. So what if there are many perks, bonuses and benefits if the job is so stressful, the system so rigid and the top honchos do not understand what the subordinates are going through? I am very tempted to say much more, but I have to stop here. As I have mentioned before, certain things are too sensitive to express, and I do not want to be sued for defamation and have my blog shut down for nothing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...