Lilypie

Monday, July 25, 2005

A Hairy Tale (Tribute To My Crowning Glory)

Finally, my new Harry Potter book has arrived! I have something to read again. I seem to have exhausted just about every book lately. I am soon running out of books to read, and have to resort to re-reading some of the books I love.

My family had just hung up a Singapore flag in front of our house. This reminds me that it is the time to be patriotic again. For someone who had never been to the military and has no idea how to best defend the country, I really wonder what I would do if we come under a terrorist attack. Will I be the first to run away? Or will I stay and protect my family and loved ones? Or will I be so unlucky to be directly under the bomb explosion? Perhaps we will never know all these until something really happens (not that I am hoping for anything bad to happen, as I enjoy the peace and tranquility).

I am contemplating whether to cut my hair off. My hair is now after chest level, with just another inch to the waist. It is getting harder and longer to wash my hair, and more expensive to wash and style it in a salon. Although I admit I am ultra vain, but I spend more making up my face and painting my nails than on my hair.

When my hair was wavy and frizzy in the past, it was unmanageable, despite all the shampoo, conditioner, treatment and occasional mask. It was hard to comb, hard to style, and hard to dry after washing since all the tips curled up. That was why I finally decided to rebond my hair posthumously - some five years after rebonding became the rage. And it made such a difference to me! First time in my life my hair was so straight and I could actually run my comb through my hair so effortlessly! It was easier to wash and dry since my hair became straighter. My hair really became much more manageable and I did not need to spend time styling it before going out. I even looked better in straighter hair!

It is going to be a hard decision whether to cut my hair off, since I have not cut my hair ever since the last time I cut it off real short some ten years back (that was the time I was dumped for the first time, and I wanted to do something crazy). Before that, my hair was waist-length, so when I cut the entire length off, it raised many eyebrows and triggered many reactions. Since then, I have not cut my hair short ever again, except the occasional trim and layers to keep it neat and tidy.

Ever since that time, my hair has gone through two major colour jobs, five different cuts to my fringe (from layered to flat to china-doll to my current side layered), and one major rebonding job. I have not tied my hair up ever since the boyish cut and I left school. And it has finally grown to the desired length, although I do not mind if it grows back to the original waist-length.

Through the years, I have been deciding whether to cut or not to cut. I find it rather hot and stuffy sometimes with hair so long. Despite the fact that all my relatives commented how nice my hair is now, I still find it quite troublesome to have long hair. My ex-boyfriend really loved my long rebonded hair, and always liked to run his fingers through. I wonder if all guys like girls with nice long hair? Besides, I want a French twist as my wedding hairstyle, and that works only on long hair.

So the conclusion? My hair will stay as it is for now. Maybe I will go for another colour job soon. My rebonding job has stayed for pretty long. After growing my hair for so long, I do not think I can actually bear to cut the whole thing off again. Thus I just have to spend a longer time washing and drying my hair, and paying more for a salon style. Ah, the price of vanity. :-D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...