Lilypie

Friday, July 15, 2005

Through Thick And Thin, For Better Or For Worse, In SIckness And In Health, Till Death Do Us Part

So it finally happened. NKF CEO and Board are all stepping down. Health Minister Mr Khaw expects a new board to be formed within the weekend. This time round, the new board members have to give accountability as to how the public funds are being utilised so as to earn back public's trust and confidence. Which is a good thing. There is nothing wrong with charitable organisations being run like a company with its own CEO and Board of Directors, but I guess where public donations are concerned, people are more likely to be picky on how their money is being used.

I have two more job interviews scheduled later today, another one on Monday, and one more on Tuesday. I hope to have good news soon. It is a bit hard to get used to when your time had been occupied and all of a sudden you have too much time on your hands. I finished all my accumulated stuff in three days, and read 5 new books in two days. Right now I am re-reading "Angels and Demons" and "Da Vinci Code" as a good friend of mine just finished the two books and wanted an intellectual discussion with me.

Incidentally, do you know there is an up-coming movie on the "Da Vinci Code" starring Tom Hanks (my favourite actor!) and directed by Ron Howard? It will probably start screening next year or the year after next. Another must-watched movie! I hope the "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" which I pre-ordered will arrive soon. I am counting down to the days when "Goblet of Fire" will arrive at theatres.

My youngest brother told me about his class tutor yesterday. She just took an indefinite period of no-pay leave as her husband was struck down by a major illness and she will be accompanying him to the States for treatment. It was so touching the way she described. She said she had pledged to be with him "through thick and thin, for better or worse, in sickness and in health, till death do us part". Therefore, she must be with him through this trying times. The whole family will have to readjust accordingly. I am touched by her love for him. This is what true love is all about. If you really love a person, you will stick with him / her through happy times and sad, normal times and trying times.

A few years back, I read a true life account by a lady who contracted breast cancer. She was already engaged to be married when she found out about her illness. Guess what? Her fiance left her the moment he heard about it. He just disappeared and left her to fend for herself. Can I take him as a coward? Or is it just that his love for her is not strong enough? Probably the former as when she had completed her surgery and recovered, he came crawling back to her but she refused to have anything more to do with him. Served him right actually.

I have witnessed two close cousins of mine leaving us. One died of an asthma attack, the other one of leukaemia. The one who died of leukaemia was closer to me. She contracted the dreaded disease when she was only six. My parents brought me to the hospital to visit her everyday. I witnessed all the tubes going into her body and how she suffered. I cried everyday after my visits to the hospital. When my mum broke the news that she passed away, I really cried my heart out. I thought it was so unfair! She was only ten then, same age as me, and was the prettiest and smartest of all my cousins. She had a whole bright future ahead of her, yet why must she be taken away at such a young age? I cried for myself, for the company I would miss, for her parents and her siblings.

Now if I ever witness another loved one being struck down by some sort of disease, what would I do? Family members aside, what if that person happens to be my boyfriend, fiance or husband? Will I be with him through thick and thin, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, till death do us part? I believe I will because if he is to be my boyfriend, fiance or husband in the first place, he must be someone I really really love, someone worthy of all my affections. The question is, if this happens to me, ie if I ever contract a serious major illness, will the guy I am with endure all and be by my side throughout the trying times, or will he just abandon me and leave me in the lurch? Maybe that is a real test on how much you love a person.

1 comments:

Wholsome said...

I’m so grateful, I fell into a woeful trap of a unfaithful man I believed he loved me !! I was so deceived, he cheated on me and used me as well as got my credit score damaged. The very worst part of it was, I was unable to get loans as to take care of my kids and myself as well after everything he did to me. All thanks to ''hackingloop6@ gmail. c o m'' I got spyware app link he sent to me,in few hours i was able to access all my Ex's phone activities remotely.I got a concrete evidence to file for divorce and helped increase my credit score from 425 to 820 across all 3 bureaus without stress or any form of argument. I’m back to life and I would forever be grateful, I’m so happy!you can also reach out for Hackingloop on + 1 712 292-2655,is a reliable and legit hacker,he handles all hacking relating issues,contact him if ur partner's commitment is in doubt.Cheating sucks and undesirable.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...