Lilypie

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Helping Others Through My Words

My interviews today have been postponed to tomorrow, which means I have to go for another six interviews tomorrow. When can I get any news?! Luckily tomorrow's interviews will be mostly around Raffles Place area, so I do not need to move around too much. I can probably call some of my ex-colleagues out for lunch if they are available.

I am receiving more comments, which means my readership is expanding. I received feedback last night to keep writing as my writing can inspire people from the other end of the world. That is the best comment I have ever received. (You know who you are, thanks!) I am totally touched and flattered after that. I am getting closer and closer to my goal - to inspire others through my words. It is because of these people that I have the inspiration and passion to keep going on.

I wrote an essay on writing during one of the General Paper assignments back in junior college. If I vaguely remember, I think my essay was something on the joys of writing as it could be a channel for frustrations, forum for public opinion, and general interest and inspiration to others. I probably wrote much more as that was the period of time when I could write 52 pages without stopping. I once submitted a 20-page report on William Shakespeare : His Life and Works for an English assignment back in JC1. What happened to those days?! My writing skills seemed to have gone down so much. :-(

After such a long siesta, I still find writing joyful. It helps me sort out my thoughts and ideas, gives me new ideas for creativity, and allows me to vent out my anger, frustrations and emotions so as to be a much calmer and peaceful person. The period of time when I gave up writing, I found I was an angrier and less pleasant person, as I was stressed, frustrated and worked up with no channel to release. I lashed out at everyone I knew and whined and complained too much. (OK, probably I still whine and complain a lot, but it is much lesser than before already.) Maybe it was partly my fault my relationship did not work out after all. But once I started writing again, particularly this blog, I found I was able to adjust my emotions accordingly. I became more patient and even-tempered. Not that my temper was that bad in the first place, but at least I became less irritable at things.

Thus I would strongly encourage all of you to start writing. You never know how much joy it can bring. What used to be a personal journal for just my eyes only has developed into something which can interest and inspire others. I always feel a sense of achievement whenever I know I have helped others through my words and actions. So any of you feel inspired to start blogging yet?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...