Lilypie

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Letting Go .....

I probably should be sleeping right now as I had to be in church by 9:00am in the morning. I cannot get to sleep as partly I was still excited over the party last night, partly as I needed to upload the photos to email my friends, and also because I needed to re-examine my feelings for a certain someone. One of our common friends told me that he is not worth my time as he may die for a friend and may be such a nice interesting person, but he does not make a good boyfriend or husband. She feels we are not compatible based on our characters.

For someone like me who puts my all into a relationship, he is not the one for me as he will take me for granted and make me suffer. She feels he is not ready to commit yet despite his age. She said there are other guys among our group of friends who may be more suitable for me as they are mature, steady and the "family man" type although they may be younger than me. I should not reject a person based on age, but rather see if we are compatible. I trust her opinion more than anything else as she is the only one of my friends who always has a great intuition when assessing people.

Upon reflection and through my observations these few weeks, I began to see where she is coming from. I can slowly see the frivolity in him. Even a simple thing like me messaging some of my friends, he either takes a long time to reply or gives just monosyllabic answers, whereas just a mere friend can at least be more jolly and answer in a few sentences.

As I began to see more of his frivolous side, I start to think to myself : Do I really want to be with another frivolous person like my ex? Do I really want someone so popular among his friends that there are girls calling him up in the middle of the night? No matter how good a friend he is and how much I like him, it does not necessary mean we can be in a relationship or live with each other if there are major things (at least to me) which I cannot tolerate.

I just saw a meaningful message by one of my friends. It is in Chinese as he took it from the Chinese magazine I-Weekly. When translated, it is something like this : Certain feelings last a life time, but no matter how unforgettable it is, you still have to let go, as those wrong people you met earlier will only lead to the right person later on. Totally reflects my current situation.

So I guess I have to bury all my pain, hurt and broken-heartedness without letting him on. I will develop our friendship to a higher level first before seeing if anything can work out. Meanwhile I think I will look around for other options instead of holding on to one. Whatever will happen, let it happen, I trust God will find the best person for me.

3 comments:

blithering moron said...

hi! i found your blog when i was browsing with the 'next blog' thingy. you seem to be pretty smart. good luck with your friend.

Anonymous said...

Me is friend of sonic... somehow when i am free, i like to browse blogs .. catch up with friends or just see anything interested.

Perhaps you'd like to see my wife's friend's blogs.. he wrote something interesting that might be of help / inspiration to u... http://ocha.blogs.com/blog/2005/07/all_the_good_on.html

Good luck.

shakespeareheroine said...

BM : Thanks for your support! Just checked out your blog, real cool! Hope you continue supporting me!

Anonymous : Thanks for your support too! Hope to see more of you. Will check out the blog article, really appreciate the sharing!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...