Lilypie

Thursday, July 28, 2005

A Day Of Bad News

Bad news! My parents are not getting the pool table after all! They said it is out of their budget. They are only willing to set aside S$500, but in all honesty, who in the world can buy a pool table for only S$500? As far as my parents are concerned, everything is the same, so one does not need to spend lots of money to buy the same thing.

Why can't they just understand that not everything is the same? Like a computer for instance, you pay more for higher technology and better quality, and the machine can last for quite some time. My current PC has been with us for about three years, and it had to be sent for repair a few times a year. Instead of spending the money on computer repair, why can't they just spend a little more on a real good computer, which will save them money in the long run? I have been telling my dad this for the past few years, but he just refused to listen to me. Yet everytime the computer breaks down, he expects me to know how to repair it. HMMMMMM!!

Another piece of bad news - the new organisation I am (was) working in could not get my employment status approved, so had to release me. Which meant my official last day was today. I really do hope my stroke of bad luck will end here and good luck will follow. Rather messy structure for such a big organisation, if you ask me. So I am on sabbatical again, when I just got out of one. Oh well, I went for enough interviews last week, so hopefully I can hear some real good news soon.

2 comments:

sen said...

i feel sorry for you :(.
Hopefully a strain of good luck will follow after this =)

shakespeareheroine said...

Thanks. I hope so too. I have enough bad luck for the year already.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...