Lilypie

Thursday, July 7, 2005

Lunch Actually Too??

My friend who signed up as a member of Lunch Actually found it so good that she tried again to convince me to join. So just for fun and since I had nothing planned, I went down to take a look-see during lunch today. My friend was raving so much about it and I was also rather curious about why people said it is not a normal matchmaking agency.

Apparently there is a half-yearly membership of 6 dates, or an annual membership of 12 dates, with 1 trial date, and extra dates if needed with no extra charge. I had to fill in a comprehensive form stating my hobbies and interests, my preferences and criteria in terms of a guy from his race, religions, down to his age group, height, weight, body size, personality, qualifications, even hair length/style! I must say I am impressed. They really get down to the nitty-gritty. It is really not like other matchmaking agencies where group outings are organised and people just talk and interact among themselves.

So I stated down my requirements : Chinese, age 26 - 32, Catholic, 1.68m - 1.85m, graduate, slim to medium body size, extroverted, articulate, wordly, tactful, attitude light-hearted but serious if need be, gentlemanly, chivalrous, short hair with a bit of spikiness / floppiness, artistic, well-groomed, sophisticated / trendy, preferably in the animation, IT, engineering, legal, education, finance sectors, light/social drinker, non-smoker, never been married, never had kids, avid reader, food guru, movie buff, music fan, knowledgeable. I must confess I was thinking of a particular someone when I listed all these down, but then again, this is exactly the type of person I am looking for!

After going through the list, the consultant told me it is impossible to find someone like that. She said this type of person probably takes up only 4% of the whole Singapore. Especially since I am looking for a Chinese Catholic of that age range. She said there are older Chinese Catholics but all around late thirties, too old for me. Unless I do not mind a free-thinker or an Eurasian Catholic. I do not really mind Eurasian guys but I have to consider my parents' feelings as well. They absolutely forbid any consortium with someone of another race. So in the end, she told me they are still getting more members in, so hopefully they may find someone for me soon. She said she will contact me again in a month.

I went off relieved but happy. Relieved because at least I do not need to go for any blind dates for now, but happy too as even though the type of person I am looking for is probably only a few and far between, the fact is I have met such a person. In fact, I met a few who are similar. Which gives me even more conviction that I have finally hit the jackpot right. So you see, you can still find who you are looking for even without all these matchmaking services around.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...