Lilypie

Saturday, July 2, 2005

Lunch Actually??

One of my friends just urged me to become a member of Lunch Actually. This is a matchmaking service for busy professionals that caters to lunch dating, early evening meals or after work drinks. Even though I like to sort of "match make" people so that they can meet their dream partner, I never like to go to matchmaking agencies to be "matchmade". My first and only experience at the SDU (courtesy of a certain desperate friend) few years back is already more than enough for me. It was one of those experiences in your life which you like to forget.

Do people really need to go to matchmaking agencies to find their dream partner? I will prefer friends to hook me up if I really want to be matchmade. After all, my friends will know me and my criterias better than any stranger or neutral party. How will people know that those who go to matchmaking agencies are not looking for a fling in the first place?

When I told a good male friend of mine that I am single again, he told me that it must be due to my high expectations. I honestly do not think my expectations are that high. I am not like some of my girlfriends who go chasing all the 7 or 8 Cs which the guy has. My dream guy need not be suave or dashing or good-looking (although that particular someone happens to be rather pleasant in appearance), or wealthy or owns a flashy car or platinum credit cards. But he must be intelligent, witty, humorous, speaks good English, educated, knowledgeable, responsible, reliable, friendly, nice to everyone, shares my interests, filial and respectful to elders, of the same religion and taller than me (anyway it is not hard to be taller than me considering my size). Oh and a non-smoker too since I am very sensitive to smoke. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Come to think of it, he really does fulfil every one of my criterias. But the question is whether am I his type?

Oh no, I list him out to be so eligible. What if suddenly my female readers want to pursue him too and I face more competition? But I should not worry, should I, since up to now, nobody (possibly even himself) knows who I am talking about. So I guess I need not worry about more competition on this side.

4 comments:

Anonymous_X said...

What if suddenly my female readers want to pursue him too and I face more competition?

yo girls, go for it! perhaps that's what our forlorn blogger needs to encounter: more contenders in the race to steal the Mistery Guy's heart, yes? ;)

shakespeareheroine said...

Ha ha! No, I do not need more competition especially since he already has a lots of female friends around. But if you really like to go for it, I will not stop you! May the best person win!

Anonymous_X said...

funny. hur. hur. after so many comments in your blog, shouldn't you get the idea that i'm a v-e-r-y straight guy? :|

shakespeareheroine said...

Hmmm, I wonder about the straightness - physically, mentally or in speech? Ha ha ha!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...