Lilypie

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Rejecting Someone With Guilt

I feel very bad. I just broke the heart of a nice sweet guy today. Actually I rejected him few weeks back already, and he was rather gracious about it. But when he started asking again today, I was trying my best to avoid the topic, until he kept asking that in the end I had no choice but to give a direct "No".

Maybe I was too heartless. I am sure my friends will protest that if he is such a nice sweet guy, why did I keep rejecting him? Because I do not feel anything special towards him! A person can be sweet, nice, polite, handsome, etc, or everything desirable, but sometimes the feeling is just not there. I have already said until I find the person who can trigger off the same type of strong feelings as how I felt for a particular someone, ie someone I can swoon over, make my heart go aflutter, and determined to change for, otherwise I will not accept anyone.

So it is just as well I broke his heart now, no matter how bad I feel about it. To accept someone without giving all your heart to him / her is the cruellest thing you can do to the person. It is best he knows it now, then he can find a much-better deserving girl more worthy of him.

Sidenote : In case any of you wonder why my web counter has been reset, I must apologise for not being as IT-savvy as I thought I was. I was trying to update my profile and also see if I could change my blog template into another one (but after all the experimenting, I realise I still prefer the original one). As a result, through all the trials and errors, my original web counter has been deleted and I have to install a new one. *Sob Sob* The last count was more than 900, probably I could reach 1000 by the end of this week, and now all these are gone due to my one-time idiocy. *Sigh*

2 comments:

Sausage said...

Do you know the permanent damage a rejection does to someone?
Why not give it a go? You never know how it may turn out without testing the water. And then you can say you tried.

shakespeareheroine said...

It will be very unfair if I accept someone if I do not have much feelings for the person. I have friends who did that as they pitied the pursuer, but in the end both parties ended up miserable. I never wanted to go through with that. It is most cruel to accept a person based on pity and not love. Perhaps I may accept him one day, if he still pursues, and if I develop the feelings, but for now, it is best we just remain friends and get to know each other better.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...