Lilypie

Wednesday, July 6, 2005

Why Do Weird Things Keep Happening To Me?!

I still cannot believe the things that happened to me today. It must be one of those days where everything goes wrong. As if being mad that my company invades in my own personal space is not enough, this guy came out from nowhere and tried to be fresh with me!

I was out on a lunch appointment and was on the way back to the office when I met this South African guy in the lift. At first he smiled at me so I smiled back thinking he was just being friendly. But when I got out of the lift he followed me and actually asked for my name and number! I was so taken aback as I have never seen him before in my entire life, and I certainly would not dream of giving my name and number to any mere stranger. You know what he said next? He said I am the prettiest girl he had ever seen, so can I accept that he is in love with me?! HUH?!?! He said he came here specially to find a mate, and even in America, he has never found anyone so pretty. Who is he trying to kid?! I know very well what I look like. I am not what people will describe as a "pretty girl". He told me he is Christian and God told him I am the one he is looking for. Goodness gracious! Why are all the guys who try to get my attention nowadays all weirdos? Yet I cannot even get the attention of the one person I want to pay attention to me. *Sigh* I told him I needed to go back to work so I would appreciate he would just leave me alone. He refused to let me go until I gave him my number so in the end I told him to give me his number and I would call him one day.

Come to think of it, the way he presented himself was quite sweet actually. What a pity I am only interested in Chinese guys - Singaporean Chinese, Indonesian Chinese, Malaysian Chinese, American Chinese, Australian Chinese, New Zealander Chinese, etc. But not Chinaman, as I still prefer communicating in English. But then I have been told since young that I do not look Chinese, even though I am full-blooded 100% pureblood Han Chinese. I have been mistaken for Malay, Indonesian, Vietnamese, Filipino (I was even mistaken for a maid by my first boyfriend's uncle), Thai, Peranakan and even Eurasian!

On a side note, I became angrier with my company's structure upon coming back from lunch. All of us have shared folders for official documentation so as to enable ease of access to relevant documents. However, we also have our own personal folder to store all unofficial documents. When I restarted the Microsoft Word, I happened to check my personal folder and found out that someone was accessing one of my documents. Why would anyone want to access my personal folder? It is where I store all unofficial mails and documents, like leave application, medical claims, administration matters. What worries me is that how come the personal folder can be accessed by someone else as well? It is not supposed to be shared out in the first place.

Is it not enough that my work has to be shared in the common drive and anyone can just access and amend any document without me knowing (and I got into lots of trouble for that too, for amending legal documents without permission, but I did not even know what happened!), now I have to put up with my personal folder being screened as well?! This is really just too much. Looks like I really have to start looking for another job actively and try to find something else to do soon before I leave. Heck, I may even be asked to leave soon, who knows?

2 comments:

Anonymous_X said...

Why are all the guys who try to get my attention nowadays all weirdos?
-> *gulp* is that why the male readers of your blog rarely post
their comments? coz they'll just mercilessly be stamped as weirdos?

Yet I cannot even get the attention of the one person I want to pay attention to me.
-> heh, that's always the classic case of a girl expecting a guy to be able to mind-read her. if you want him to pay more attention to you, then ask him to do so.

be honest. be direct. stir away from any mind-games. otherwise, you'll continue to be tormented by frustration.

gd luck!

shakespeareheroine said...

Erm, I have never thought you are a weirdo. In fact, I appreciate all your comments. Anyway I receive feedback through other channels as well. Although I would love for more comments from my other readers too.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...