Lilypie

Sunday, July 10, 2005

A Tiring Sunday

I am very tired. I slept at 5:00 a.m. this morning, and woke up at 8:30 a.m. I was late for church and had to zip down in a cab, from one end of the island to the other end, costing me about $15. When I entered the church grounds, the priest was already in the middle of the speech. So embarassing.

I met up with a childhood friend (the brother of my senior from a few posts ago) for a movie and dinner. I have not seen him for half a year after accidentally bumping into him on Christmas Eve last year. We had Oreo Cheesecake with Root Beer Float, watched Sin City (very intense show with excellent footage - should watch), then went to Yuki & Yaki for dinner. It is a Japanese restaurant that serves teppanyaki steamboat buffet, with its infamous ice-cream buffet. I ate so much that I could hardly move a muscle after that. But it is good to catch up with my long-time friend. We talked about everything, from his sister, to his job, to his expectations of a girl, to him introducing a guy to me, to love and relationship issues.

My friends used to think it is amazing he and I can maintain such strong friendship through the years without getting together. They always say it is impossible for a guy and girl to remain platonic friends for so long without triggering any form of spark. He has been with me through all my breakups, and is the only other guy who has somewhat been through thick and thin with me (the other one is my godbrother), yet somehow we have never fell for each other in that way. I have never considered him whenever I am looking around for someone to share my life. This must be one of life's little things which no one has any explanation for.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...