Lilypie

Tuesday, July 5, 2005

100 Wishes on 100 Stars

Today marked the milestone entry in my blogging life. Finally, here is the long-awaited-for centennial post. I have received a few suggestions on how to make it special.

1. List out my entire bio-data.
2. More about my background, ie family, job, etc
3. Say who the mysterious guy is
4. Write out a "what-if" or "what-to-come" scenario
5. Upload before and after pictures of myself (child, teenager, adult)
6. Make a wishlist

I find it quite disappointing actually, as I expected better type of suggestions from most.

Initially, I wanted to ask a good friend of mine to be a guest writer to contribute something, but he said a milestone post would be more meaningful if I am to write my own. Well, he has got a point there, so here I am.

And as I have mentioned before, it is my choice which suggestion(s) to adopt. So I am only adopting the second, fourth and last one. Sorry to disappoint the rest of you, but if I state everything out now, there will not be any material left for future blog posts, will there? I do not intend to stop at just 100, I want to go on to maybe even 1000. And as I have also said before, I will not display my face for all to see, especially my younger, geeky, freaky self.

Ok, my background. What do you like to know? I am the eldest and only daughter in my family. My brothers are still studying - 1 in an overseas university, and the other in a junior college. My parents are still working full-time, so it is not much of a demand for me to support my family right now, although I still give them part of what I earn every month ever since I started working. Eventually I will help take care of my parents, but for now, I work to be self-sustaining.

My job? I am a Legal Executive in a medium-sized law firm, assisting two lawyers in doing researach, drafting documentations, churning reports, liaising with clients, attending meetings, proof-reading, occasional translating, tracking files and filing correspondences and documents and corporate executive type of work like incorporation of companies, filing of annual returns, public listing of companies, and issuing of share certificates. Essentially doing everything a lawyer is doing, except to give advice or go to court. Anyway, I am dealing mainly on corporate, conveyancing and leasing matters, so no court-attending for these cases. I still have to work overtime without claims, but at least things are better compared to previous firms already.

Now on to the next point. What if I have never started blogging? Although it has been slightly more than a month since I started this blog, I could not remember what my life was like then. Blogging is now so much part of my life as I picked up writing again - one of the things I have always liked to do since young. What was my life like before I started the blog? Nothing out of the ordinary actually. Typical employee, working to support myself. Practicing and performing for "Madame Butterfly". Meeting all the nice, interesting and wonderful people from the Lyric Opera. Taking up vocal studies. Was in a relationship. Giving piano classes. And I believe it would pretty much stay the same if I have no blog.

Now that I have started blogging, what then? Still a typical employee. Still practicing and performing, although different songs. Still meeting all the nice, interesting and wonderful people from the Lyric Opera. Still taking up vocal studies. Still giving piano classes. Only changes are that I am no longer in a relationship, gone back to being single and looking. Now taking up bible studies too, plus playing the piano and singing in church.

So what is there to come for the future? I believe things will be pretty much the same. The blog will still be on my life, my thoughts, my moods, my emotions. Although I foresee myself taking up more activities in the near future. Things like social dancing, auditioning for the Singapore Dance Theatre after the Nutcracker performance in December, brushing up on Scrabble and board games (things I have not played ever since I entered university), my Baptism and first Communion next Easter, taking up my part-time degree again (about time, since I have already deferred one year), probably branching a little into the translation line, and hopefully (if things go well) to be attached again.

Now, about a wishlist. Although I would so love to list out 100 items to commemorate this post, but unfortuantely I am not able to think of 100 things I want. Maybe because I already have most of the things I want. I will rather wish for happiness and peace for my friends and loved ones. Anyway, here goes:

1. To end all wars and people live in harmony with one another
2. My friends and loved ones to be successful and happy
3. No more hunger and thirst in the world
4. All can be more environmental-friendly to save the Earth
5. Animals to be better-treated
6. Life Partner (you know who I am referring to!) ;-)
7. Grand Piano
8. The new Yamaha Electone SFX-1 organ
9. A driving licence (still working on it)
10. Learn how to cycle (anyone willing to teach me?)
11. Lotus Esprit (actually just an ordinary Mitsubishi Colt or Volkswagon Beetle will do)
12. Platinum credit card (Manhattan or AMEX)
13. Lifetime supply of Ferrero Rochers (in a bouquet with 2 teddy bears, but knowing me, the "lifetime supply" will be devoured in the most a week)
14. Sing the lead role in an opera / musical production (still working towards that)
15. That cute pair of boots from Burberry's
16. Lifetime membership to a gym or slimming centre (can get those excess cellulite off at last)
17. New Baby-G Reef (with longer-lasting batteries)
18. Gold Ladies Rolex
19. 3 carats Diamond Ring in White Gold (but that is for whoever proposes to me in future)
20. Multi-tiered bag to store all my toiletries and cosmetics when I go travelling

Alright, looks like my life should only get spicier and more interesting from hereon. Thank you all of you for making this 100th post a reality. Thus, this entry is really dedicated to all my readers out there who have been supporting me all these while and still continuing supporting me. I am already looking forward to post my bi-centennial entry.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank someone special. He was the one who started me blogging. Therefore, this would never be possible without his inspiration. In fact, I have already exceeded his number of entries, although not by far (better catch up soon!). He was the one whom I asked to be the guest writer for this post as his writing style far exceeds mine, and his life is so much more interesting than mine is. It was all due to him that I re-cultivated interest in things I used to do but thought was already lost to me : dancing, board games, Scrabble, writing. So here's presenting the great Sonic and his Scratchpad! Thanks so much for everything!

2 comments:

Anonymous_X said...

to have the 100th entry dedicated to the readers as in the penultimate paragraph is sweet.

but IMO not enough.

somebody should have hinted the blogger to treat her faithful readers. then over generous flow of drinks, perhaps the identity of the Mistery Guy could be revealed. ;)

oh well...just a belated suggestion.

shakespeareheroine said...

There are a lot of suggestions that I should reveal who the guy is. But I have already declared his identity will be secret unless something positive happens. So meanwhile thanks for your support and hopefully your curiousity can be satisfied soon.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...