Lilypie

Wednesday, July 6, 2005

Opera Practice - Aftermath

Darn, my throat is painful again. I had to cancel my voice lessons today so as not to aggravate it any further. Has the virus not been killed yet? Wonder if it was due to all the high notes yesterday (since there were only two of us singing the first Soprano parts who turned up, so we have to really project out), or the sumptuous supper I had with the opera group. We went down to the nearest hawker centre and ordered chwee kuey (little white round cakes made from flour witl broiled radish on top), rojak (Indian cuisine consisting of a mix of all types of food with sweet sauce), ngo hiang (Chinese "rojak"), fried carrot cake (flour and shredded carrots mixed with eggs and fried till crispy) and sugar cane juice. All the dishes were fried (I could actually see the oil glistening on the surface) and soaked in chilli and spices.

One of our new members drove everyone back in his Renault Kangoo. While our Artistic Director sat in front, the rest of us huddled at the back of the mini-van and started to chit-chat. He gave us a ride round the island by dropping my RCIA sponsor off at Tiong Bahru, then a girl off at Jurong East, then our Artistic Director off near East Coast Park, then my friend at Bedok Reservoir, and finally me as I live just two streets away from him. By the time I reached home it was almost 1:00a.m. Too late to go online although I would so love to see and chat with someone.

I had a weird overseas call from some guy in Saudi Arabia today. He said he picked up my number from a phone date service book and wanted to call and get to know me. My number is recycled so it could be possible that my predecessor scattered the number around. But even after I told him I am not the person he is looking for, he still continued calling and saying the same things. In the end I have to ask a male colleague to pose as my boyfriend and tell him off. Luckily that worked. Why do I only hear from such people nowadays?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...