Lilypie

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Finally At Peace ....

I went over to my ex’s place to pick up all the things I left there yesterday. I should have done that long ago already. So I had about ten bags of things to carry home. Imagine the amount of stuff you can accumulate just being with someone for more than two years. I do not even know I had so many things at his place – articles of clothing, makeup, DVDs, CDs, books, sandals and soft toys. He is a very sweet guy, and the one among all my guys who treated me the best, just a pity things had to happen between us.

The last time I left my things at someone’s place, he refused to let me pick them up. In the end, he volunteered to bring them to me, but I did not manage to take back all my favourite things. He told me he kept some things for his current girlfriend. That was how I lost my Forrest Gump and Pachelbel’s CDs, my favourite soft toys and a couple of my books. Oh well …….

When I reached home last night, I cried for the last time for what was worth. After that I just fell asleep. First night in so long that I actually slept for 8 hours! And it was a very peaceful sleep, no nightmares or dreams or tossing and turning. It was such a deep sleep. Perhaps it is a sign that I am finally at peace with myself. Maybe God is telling me that a chapter in my book has closed, and now a new chapter is beginning, something I shall look forward to.

3 comments:

blithering moron said...

Giving things to a new girlfriend was pretty rude and insulting.

Burninator said...

i wonder if a new girlfriend would really keep stuff that are from the ex?

shakespeareheroine said...

Blithering Moron : I agree, but at that point in time I did not want anymore trouble, so I just let it be.

Burninator : Acording to him, it was her that wanted to keep so he would not give back to me.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...