Lilypie

Friday, August 26, 2005

Things That Piss You Off ...

Isn't it downright irritating when you offered a seat to a frail elderly lady, only to have it snatched away by a healthy-looking guy right under your very nose? I was taking the train home after my rehearsal earlier on when I saw an elderly lady came in from one of the stations, supported by her husband. She looked on the verge of fainting so I immediately offered her my seat. While in the midst of helping her to sit down, suddenly this guy pushed past us and just sat himself down on the seat I just vacated.

I was totally pissed! The lady definitely needed the seat more than him! He is just a middle-aged healthy-looking man! Surely a bit of standing would not hurt him? What was worse was that there were so many witnesses around, yet no one bothered to do anything, and no one else stood up to give up the seat. The guy still had the cheek to look at me with a smug expression when I glared at him! Have people really become such selfish, self-centred, inconsiderate pricks?! I feel so ashamed! I had to help support the lady the rest of the journey until she and her husband got off at their station.

I have never come across such a rude and unchivalrous guy. It is alright if he wanted to take a seat, but to take away a seat clearly offered to an elderly lady? That is really too much. It is not just downright ungentlemanly but disrespectful as well. And those people around who saw what happened but chose to do nothing were also just as disrespectful. He better not let me see him again! I will be able to remember how he looks like, so woe be to him if I ever run into him again!

2 comments:

Burninator said...

ugly singaporeans at their best...yet again.

shakespeareheroine said...

Yes, downright uncouth and shameful in their behaviour.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...