Lilypie

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Premature Aging?

I always profess I am forever eighteen, enjoying life yet at the same time knowing what I want out of life. However, when I took a look at myself today, I was horrified beyond words! Do I see little lines below and at the side of my eyes, lines which extend when I smile? Do I see lines extending from the tip of my nose to my mouth when I smile? Do I see my cheeks sagging down? Do I see more flabs on my arms, thighs and tummy? Do I see rounder cheeks instead of a sharper chin? Do I see more lines on my hands and cracks on the soles of my feet? And do I see my boobs sagging?

YES TO ALL!!!! Oh no!!!! OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!! I am slowly aging! I cannot be aging now, I am not even thirty years old! Why is my Olay Firming Eye Gel and Moisturiser not working? I should really switch to Total Effects and Regenerist Serum to counter the aging problem. A woman's youth is but these number of years, sob sob sob! How I envy the guys, to still look thirty even when they are pushing fourty!

These are not all. Recently I realised I have gone up a skirt and jeans size. I used to be able to wear size 24 jeans, but now it has gone up to 26. My Levis Super Low-Hip jeans can hardly fit me anymore. And I cannot wear mini skirts anymore; I will look like an elephant! Even midriff shirts are out! My T-shirt size has also gone from XS to S and even M for some brands! Why is this happening to me? Is it due to all the good food and chocolates I have been eating? But I have had the same diet for all my life, why is it only showing drastic changes to my body only now? People have mistaken me for a pregnant lady!

What happened to my svelte, petite figure of yesteryears? What happened to my 23-inch waist? Why has it gone up 4 inches in just a number of years? What happened to my flawless skin? And why do I suddenly have more and more wrinkles, lines which were non-existent as late as last year?

Goodness, imagine how much one can age in just a matter of less than a year. I wonder what brought about all the aging? Is it due to, erh, age? But I am not even nearing thirty, still a few more years to go! Even my cousins in their thirties do not have any signs of aging. Looks like I have to go on a stricter regimen of vigorous skin care and diet. Hopefully I can bring myself back to being young again.

7 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

I think you're leaving out one important ingredient: Exercise.

Still, our metabolism do slow down as we age, and it also varies based on our diet. Lowering one's food intake will lower metabolism rate, so diet is not really the better solution. Activity is.

Then again, you can ask Sonic how he maintains his look. (I swear he looks younger than 1 year ago)

shakespeareheroine said...

He keeps himself so busy that I thought he would age faster. Oh well, I have to try to make time for exercise again soon.

Anonymous_X said...

Feeling as if you're 18 is surely more important than looking as one, don't you think?

blithering moron said...

I think the exercise comment is a good one.

I don't think it's necessary to do really hard exercise. Even easy stuff like walking is good for you.

shakespeareheroine said...

Anon_X : Yes, it's good to feel young, but I like to look young too. Just a vanity thing. Afterall, which lady likes to look middle-aged before they actually reach middle age?

Blithering Moron : I walk a lot, as I have to walk a total of 20 minutes to and from the train station everyday when I go out or to work.

sonic said...

wolvie: really? *bat eyelids* awww.. thanks *bat bat bat*

shakespeareheroine said...

Sonic : I agree with Wolvie. You definitely look younger than your age!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...