Lilypie

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Anagrams

I have always been interested in anagrams due to my interest in Scrabble, although I am never good at twisting words around. But this e-mail which I received today really taught me a few things on anagrams, although I believe a particular friend of mine can twist the words / phrases further with both eyes closed.

Here goes :

DORMITORY - DIRTY ROOM
PRESBYTERIAN - BEST IN PRAYER
ASTRONOMER - MOON STARER
DESPERATION - A ROPE ENDS IT
THE EYES - THEY SEE
GEORGE BUSH - HE BUGS GORE
THE MORSE CODE - HERE COME DOTS
ANIMOSITY - IS NO AMITY
ELECTION RESULTS - LIES - LET'S RECOUNT
MOTHER-IN-LAW - WOMAN HITLER
SNOOZE ALARMS - ALAS! NO MORE Z'S
A DECIMAL POINT - I'M A DOT IN PLACE
THE EARTHQUAKES - THAT QUEER SHAKE
ELEVEN PLUS TWO - TWELVE PLUS ONE
PRESIDENT CLINTON OF THE USA - TO COPULATE HE FINDS INTERNS

How I wish I can be this ingenious! Any of you able to come up with more word twists or ideas?

4 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

As a student of languages...

Awesome...

shakespeareheroine said...

Yes, it is awesome. I only wish I can twist words around like this.

aquavitae said...

whoa, this is pretty amazing.

shakespeareheroine said...

Yup, amazing!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...